Winter has arrived! Information pertaining to school closings due to inclement weather follow: The final decision for a change in normal operations on inclement weather days is made by the superintendent. You will receive notification by 5:30 a.m. Exceptions may occur on days when weather or road conditions change rapidly during the morning hours.
School officials consult several sources to evaluate road conditions throughout the county. While many of the main roadways might be clear, officials also have to evaluate back roads to determine their condition. Please know that the safety of students and staff is the number one priority when the decision is made whether to close schools.
Parents are encouraged to use their judgment to determine what is best for their children. Parents and guardians should notify their children’s school of the excused absence.
School Closing, Early Dismissal & Delayed Start
- School Closing information will be announced/posted as soon as the decision is made not to hold school.
- Early Dismissal information will also be posted and announced that includes the time school will be dismissed.
- Delayed Start - Jersey Community Unit School District No. 100 will be utilizing a two hour delayed start time when adverse weather conditions require us to do so. This would most often be used when weather has caused poor driving conditions early in the morning, but then clears off within a couple of hours.
On these delayed start days we will simply start school 2 hours later. This means that buses will run two hours later. Breakfast will not be served. Morning Early Childhood classes will not be in session. Dismissal times will remain the same.
All of the above information will be announced on or posted to the following media sources:
- A phone call announcement via the Skylert system
- Posted on Twitter @jerseycusdno100
- Posted on Facebook @JerseyCUSD100
- Posted on the District homepage (http://www.jersey100.org)
- Posted on local radio and TV stations under school closings
- Recorded on the Telephone Information System 877-30-LEARN (877-305-3276)